We remain focused on enhanced cleaning standards and safe working practices to protect guests and team members. To find out more, explore some of our frequently asked questions around Coronavirus below.
Staying at or visiting our hotels
AM I REQUIRED TO WEAR A FACE MASK?
Scotland & Wales: In line with the government guidelines, guests and staff must wear face masks in all public areas in the hotel unless you’re sat down and eating or drinking in our restaurant or bar.
England: In line with government guidelines, it is no longer mandatory to wear a face mask in public spaces and we will be respecting the individual choice of guests and team members.
DO I NEED TO GIVE YOU MY DETAILS FOR TEST AND TRACE PURPOSES?
Scotland: We support NHS Scotland’s Test and Protect scheme and ask all guests to register their visit via the Test and Protect app using the QR codes displayed in public areas. If you do not have a smartphone, you can give your details directly to a member of the team instead.
England & Wales: We continue to encourage all guests to register their visit via the NHS contact tracing app using the QR codes displayed in public areas. If you do not have a smartphone, you can give your details directly to a member of the team instead.
Restaurant and bar
DO I NEED TO BOOK A TABLE?
An advanced booking is preferred for breakfast and dinner. You can book your table by contacting us or speaking to our team at Reception.
HOW DO I MAKE AN ORDER?
A member of staff will let you know how to make your order when you enter the restaurant, or speak to a team member at Reception and they will be able to advise you.
Using our leisure clubs
WHICH FACILITIES ARE OPEN AT OUR LEISURE CLUBS?
Some of our leisure clubs have reopened, but services may vary – please check with our hotels for details when you’re making a booking.
Cancellations and rebooking
I HAVE SYMPTOMS OF CORONAVIRUS OR HAVE BEEN REQUESTED TO SELF-ISOLATE. WHAT SHOULD I DO ABOUT MY HOTEL BOOKING?
Please either move or cancel your booking if you are showing any Coronavirus symptoms or are self-isolating. If you need guidance, please contact a member of our team.
I WANT TO RESERVE A HOTEL ROOM, BUT MY PLANS COULD CHANGE IN THE FUTURE DUE TO COVID-19. WHAT SHOULD I DO IN THIS INSTANCE?
We advise that you use a flexible rate, which allows you to reserve a room with the option to amend or cancel your booking up to 24 hours before your stay.
Our safety measures
HOW ARE YOU LOOKING AFTER THE SAFETY OF YOUR TEAM?
We have training on hygiene standards for our teams and give clear guidance on taking time off when feeling unwell. PPE has been provided for job roles that require this. There are also communication channels in place for team members who require further advice and guidance.
HOW ARE YOU LOOKING AFTER THE SAFETY OF YOUR GUESTS?
We will continue to reduce contact at check-in and check-out via contactless payment and by using Perspex screens within the Reception area and till areas. Room key cards are being thoroughly sanitised before re-use, and our housekeeping team ensures that all guest bedrooms are deep cleaned. There are also hand sanitiser stations in key locations throughout the hotel.
Scotland & Wales: We continue to follow government guidelines on social distancing using the 1m rule in Scotland and 2m in Wales, we have guest communication and signage to reinforce this message.
HAVE YOU REVISED YOUR CLEANING STANDARDS?
We have a range of enhanced sanitisation and cleaning measures in place. Our Mercure hotels also follow Accor’s ALLSAFE policy, and our Holiday Inns follow IHG’s Clean Promise policy.
– Thorough deep cleaning and sanitisation
– Use of globally recognised chemical provider Ecolab and increased use of appropriate chemicals
– The increased time allotted for room cleaning to enable a deeper level of cleaning
– Disinfection of all touchpoints within bedrooms and a ‘one cloth per room’ policy, meaning a new/fresh cleaning cloth in every room
– Revised team training to educate on the new standards required
– Increased frequency of cleaning in public areas including touchpoints such as lift controls, door handles and soap dispensers, etc
– Increased cleaning regimes back of house
– Use of appropriate PPE, which is changed regularly, for housekeeping team members
Contact our hotels
If you’d like to find out more about how our hotels are operating, please contact us and we’ll be happy to help.
- Mercure London Watford Hotel – email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mercure Brighton Seafront Hotel – email email@example.com
- Mercure Maidstone, Great Danes Hotel – email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mercure Tunbridge Wells Hotel – email email@example.com
- Mercure Norwich Hotel – email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mercure Bristol North, The Grange Hotel – email email@example.com
- Mercure Swansea Hotel – email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mercure Burton Upon Trent, Newton Park Hotel – email email@example.com
- Mercure Bewdley The Heath Hotel – email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel – email email@example.com
- Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall Hotel – email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Lion Hotel Shrewsbury – email email@example.com
- Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel – email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mercure Bolton, Georgian House Hotel – email email@example.com
- Mercure Chester, Abbots Well Hotel – email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mercure Hull, Grange Park Hotel – email email@example.com
- Mercure Leeds Parkway Hotel – email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel – email email@example.com
- Mercure Wetherby Hotel – email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mercure York, Fairfield Manor Hotel – email email@example.com
- Mercure Sheffield, Parkway Hotel – email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Holiday Inn Darlington North – email email@example.com
- White Swan Hotel Halifax – email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mercure Ayr Hotel – email email@example.com
- Mercure Edinburgh City, Princes Street Hotel – email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mercure Glasgow City Hotel – email email@example.com
- Mercure Inverness Hotel – email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mercure Livingston Hotel – email email@example.com
- Mercure Perth Hotel – email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Holiday Inn Dumfries – email email@example.com